SO MUCH THEATER!!!

Best free theater outside a Parisian cafe.
I know, I know. I've still got whole days before this thing starts. What am I doing writing ANOTHER post? Because I've got hot news! I thought I remembered the marathon as being more than a one day event last year, and friends, countrymen, that's because it is! Saturday BPT is producing three full readings of new works going from noon to six! This is apparently called the "Warm-Up Laps... because you know, sitting through six hours of a staged reading is just enough to get the heart pumping.

The plays are Romeo Chang, by Barbara Blumenthal-Ehrlich at 12pm. Judith by Julian Olf at 2pm, and One Day Earlier by Connie Congdon (I know her! She's super nice!) Each play will be performed in Hall A on the second floor of the Calderwood Pavilion and moreover they are completely free.

Listen people: if you are even remotely interested in new theater and you don't have anything better scheduled, you owe it to yourselves to come watch at least one of these plays. The only cost will be your time. Your sweet sweet ever slipping away time. Time you'll never be able to get back. But listen, would you rather use that time to expand your mind and engage with your fellow theatrical community or would you rather spend it picking lint out of your navel while you listen to This American Life? (that's how I spend my Saturdays...) Make the right choice.

Of course for those who can't be bothered, have no fear. For I shall not only watch every single play on Sunday, I shall do the same on Saturday! I hope it's not going to be very nice out this weekend because I am going to spend almost the entirety of my time in an enclosed space with a bunch of bohemians. I should probably get my tuberculosis shot right now. I kid! I kid because I love.

In other news, the full names and order of the plays for Sunday have been released. I just sort of skimmed the titles, looking for familiar companies and names. I don't want to give myself too many preconceived notions about things. I much prefer going to see things absent of expectations. If you'd like to see the list yourself, they've been published on the BPT's blog which is something I didn't know existed until this afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boston Theater Marathon 21 - Themes and First Impressions

I Have Survived!

Hair of the Dog by Constance Congdon - A Review